Yankee Study Club
Connecting you to improved clinical practice and life-long learning.
Module 2: Elevated: Powerful Solutions to Everyday Dentistry and Beyond
Join us live online for the first four sessions or you can take them on-demand.
Attend all 4 virtual sessions, and receive 4 CE Credits.
Attend the live in-person course at Yankee 2022 and you will receive an additional 3 CE credits. (This course will not be available on-demand).
If you cannot attend Yankee 2022, you are still encouraged to take part in the Yankee Study Club.
Credits will be distributed at the end of the module (January 28, 2022).
Registration for Yankee Dental Congress 2022 and the Yankee Study Club course are included in your YSC fee.
Is It Possible to Create the Dream Practice?
Wednesday, September 1, 2021 6:30 - 8:00 pm EST
Speaker: Ancy Verdier, DMD/Adrian Wilkins
Moderator: James Lee, DMD
- - Learn how to create a healthy team with a productive workflow
- - Identify how to create more predictability in your schedule so that you and your team benefit more often
- - Create an insurance free dental practice with some pearls for a productive office
The Restoration of Endodontically Treated Teeth
Wednesday, September 29, 2021 6:30 - 8:00 pm EST
Speaker: Carl McManama, DDS
Moderator: Robert Cauley, DMD
- - Understand the importance of the ferrule and a healthy biologic width and decide when extraction and replacement may be a better option
- - Compare options for both core and post materials
- - Explain why anterior teeth are very different than posterior teeth. Is a crown always the best option?
- - Describe the technique for the placement of a glass fiber post and a composite core
- - Determine whether or not a post is indicated
Prudent Antibiotic Usage in Dentistry: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Wednesday, October 20, 2021 6:30 - 8:00 pm EST
Speakers: John Dominici, DDS/Julie Hempton, MMSc/Timothy Hempton, DDS
Moderator: Ancy Verdier, DMD
List which antibiotics are currently being prescribed in contemporary dental practices
- - Examine adjunctive local and systemic antibiotic usage in periodontal therapy
- - Understand antibiotic therapy as a preventive treatment in patients with medical conditions
- - Compare the level of antibiotic effectiveness in various clinical cases
- - Describe the adverse reactions, side effects, and drug interactions with antibiotic usage
- - Review adjunctive antibiotic usage in implant therapy and extraction/site development
- - Discuss adjunctive antibiotic usage in the management of periimplant disease
"Happy Hour Hangout"
Wednesday, October 27, 2021 6:30 - 7:30 pm EST (Optional- Not Required for CE)
Robert Cauley, DMD, Timothy Hempton, DDS, Gerard Kugel, DMD, PhD, Connie Kugel, RDH, James Lee, DMD, Maritza Morell, DMD, Carl McManama, DDS, Ancy Verdier, DMD
Join the Founders of Yankee Study Club for a virtual and casual happy hour hangout! Bring any questions you may have for them and your drink of choice! Unlike our other sessions, this will be "meeting" style where you are encouraged to turn on your camera and engage with other study club members and Founders for a more interactive experience, although it is not required!
Real World Occlusion: It’s Not Just the Teeth
Wednesday, November 17, 2021 6:30 - 8:00 pm EST
Speakers: Gerard Kugel, DMD, PhD/ Noshir Mehta, DMD
- - Learn how to perform a comprehensive TMD exam
- - Review the Do’s and Don’ts of changing vertical dimension
- - Understand how to diagnose and treat parafunction
- -Examine the role of parafunction and sleep disorders on the longevity of dental stability
- - List risk indicators of TMD that “call out to you” from your patient’s mouth before beginning any dental treatment
The final session will be held in-person at during Yankee Dental Congress 2022.
Yankee Study Club Presents: A Day in the Life...
Friday, January 28, 2022 1:00 - 4:00 pm EST
Speakers: Robert Cauley, DMD, Timothy Hempton, DDS, Gerard Kugel, DMD, PhD, Connie Kugel, RDH, James Lee, DMD, Maritza Morell, DMD, Carl McManama, DDS, Ancy Verdier, DMD
- - Accurately diagnose a variety of clinical conditions
- - Understand the etiology, the point in time, and the significance of the diagnosis
- - Determine the best way to manage common dental problems
- - Appreciate the different viewpoints and perspectives from experienced clinicians
Reception to follow- 4:15 - 5:15 pm: Stay to enjoy a drink, grab a bite to eat, and meet your fellow Yankee Study Club members and Founders!