CPR, Infection Control Package March 2019
Log In to Register
When and Where
3/8/2019 8:30 AM EST
3/8/2019 2:00 PM EST
Massachusetts Dental Society
Address Line 1
2 Willow Street
Address Line 2
SESSION 1: AHA: BLS for Healthcare Providers
Registration: 8:00 am, Seminar: 8:30-11:30 am
This course will include instruction and practice in adult and pediatric CPR, including the two-person rescuer scenario and the use of the bag mask, handling of foreign object airway obstruction, and use of the automated external defibrillator (AED).
• Become BLS (Basic Life Support) for Healthcare Provider certified or re-certified
Certification: American Heart Association two-year BLS Healthcare Provider card
SESSION 2: Infection Prevention & Control 2019
Registration: 11:30 am, Seminar: 12:00-2:00 pm
The goal of an infection prevention and control program is to prevent health-care associated infections among patients, and injuries and illnesses in healthcare personnel. The instructor will discuss strategies for ensuring compliance with relevant Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations and other relevant recommendations, regulations and standards. The CDC Summary of Infection Prevention Practices in Dental Settings – Basic Expectations for Safe Care will be used to demonstrate how to monitor and evaluate a site-specific infection prevention and safety program. Companion resources from the Organization for Safety, Asepsis and Prevention (OSAP), will also be shared with participants.
• Differentiate between guidelines, regulations, standards and best practices for infection prevention
• Explain the roles and responsibilities of an infection prevention and safety coordinator
• Describe methods of evaluating an infection prevention and control program for compliance with CDC guidelines, OSHA regulations and relevant state and local regulations
• Describe how to integrate CDC guidelines, OSHA regulations and standards into a site-specific infection prevention and safety program
• Demonstrate how to evaluate site-specific compliance with CDC infection prevention recommendations for dental practice settings and OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard regulations
AHA: BLS for Healthcare Providers Speaker: Kelly Hartman, MEd,
certified CPR/AED/first aid instructor, and trained BLS instructor
infection Prevention & Control Speaker: Kathy Eklund, RDH
, director, occupational health and safety, the Forsyth Institute, adjunct assistant professor, Forsyth School of Dental Hygiene, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. and adjunct faculty, Regis College School of Dental Hygiene
Assistant; Dentist; Hygienist; Office Staff
Kelly Hartman has no financial relationships relevant to this presentation to disclose Kathy Eklund has no financial relationships relevant to this presentation to disclose.
Refunds can be made online up to 10 days prior to the class. You will receive a full refund minus a $10 processing fee. There are no refunds less than 10 days out including cancelations due to illness, late arrivals or weather. Full refund will be given if your class is cancelled for any reason by MDS. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for processing. There is no refund for courses once the course begins. Registrants will be notified by e-mail if the course is canceled due to inclement weather or for any other reason by MDS. The e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address used to register.