SESSION 1: AHA: BLS for Healthcare Providers
Registration: 8:00 am, Seminar: 8:30-11:30 am
This course will include instruction and practice in adult and pediatric CPR, including the two-person rescuer scenario and the use of the bag mask, handling of foreign object airway obstruction, and use of the automated external defibrillator (AED).
• Become BLS (Basic Life Support) for Healthcare Provider certified or re-certified
Certification: American Heart Association two-year BLS Healthcare Provider card
Registration: 11:30 am, Seminar: 12:00-2:00 pm
This course uses excerpts taken directly from the 2003 CDC Dental Guidelines, the 2016 CDC Dental Update, and the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard to clarify the misconceptions and outdated information that many offices are working with in regard to infection control. It will help your office to understand what the CDC and/or OSHA requires you to do and will show you the various options available to meet the requirements.
• Gain a better working knowledge of the 2003 CDC Dental Guidelines, 2016 CDC Dental Summary, and the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard
• Identify common pathogens encountered in the dental office, and how to break the chain of infection
• Discuss ways to safely and efficiently reprocess dental instruments and manage infectious waste
• Understand dental unit water line testing and treatment
• Be aware of common infection control violations