Medical Marijuana and Dentistry
Log In to Register
When and Where
4/24/2019 5:30 PM EDT
4/24/2019 8:30 PM EDT
Massachusetts Dental Society
Address Line 1
Two Willow Street
Address Line 2
This course will provide an overview of medical and recreational marijuana use, its pharmacological effects on the body, medicinal applications, and dental treatment considerations. Legal and social issues surrounding marijuana will be discussed along with identifying the effects of marijuana, and how to open and have a conversation with your patients.
• Be up-to-date on medical and recreational marijuana use and modes of administration
• Describe and identify the varying effects marijuana has on the body
• Review various medicinal applications of marijuana
• Evaluate the patient who is using marijuana and determine treatment considerations and modifications
• Understand potential drug interactions between prescribed medications and marijuana
• Be able to converse with the patient who is using marijuana in a way that is conducive to creating a positive provider/patient relationship
Kate Soal, RDH, CDA
, professor of healthcare, Quinsigamond Community College and adjunct faculty, Mount Wachusett Community College
Assistant; Dentist; Hygienist; Office Staff
Kate Soal has no relevant financial relationship to this presentation to disclose.
Refunds can be made online up to 10 days prior to the class. You will receive a full refund minus a $10 processing fee. There are no refunds less than 10 days out including cancelations due to illness, late arrivals or weather. Full refund will be given if your class is cancelled for any reason by MDS. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for processing. There is no refund for courses once the course begins. Registrants will be notified by e-mail if the course is canceled due to inclement weather or for any other reason by MDS. The e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address used to register.